Tuesday, October 8, 2013

It's a GIRL!!!!

So I've been pathetically bad at posting about the whole pregnancy thing. So I'll try to make up for some lost time. Last month we were able to go in for the official ultrasound! I'm pretty sure it was the coolest thing Ryan and I have experienced thus far in our lives. It was a little over an hour but it felt like 10 min. We really would have been content with sitting there watching our little girl for the entire day if we could.

Pre-story- For the first couple of months we were both thinking that we would have a boy. Ryan-probably because he just wanted one, me-because so many people we know have been having boys- really it's about 10-1 in favor of boys. However a few days before the ultrasound I had a small feeling that it was a girl. I never told Ryan though because he was still referring to the little nugget occasionally as "he" or "him."

When we sat down to start the first thing the ultrasound tech asked was, "Ok, mother's intuition, is is a boy or girl?" And I think Ryan was a little surprised when I answered "girl." Pretty much as soon as he started we could totally tell it was a baby. Her little head was so perfect and we could see her move and all the limbs. It was pretty incredible how clear and easy it was to see everything. After making sure all the vital things were there and the correct size he finally took a peek downstairs, and said it's 99.9% a GIRL! We both couldn't have been more thrilled, first- it have such a healthy baby and second- a little girl. So for your viewing pleasure....


Her favorite thing was being all curled up with her feet by her head.
She was opening and closing her mouth for us, so the tech thought a caption was needed.
3D Baby- Doesn't she just look like a little Who from Whoville?
 That night we had our family over to learn the gender with some cupcakes! I'm pretty much in love with the expressions I captured. But I'm pretty sure my dad's was the best.

Boy or Girl?
I may have skipped one of the fillings... so my mom was a bit confused

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you Carissa! You will be a great Mommy!!! Loved the expressions from family, especially since I know so many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fun way to announce it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you and your little up-coming baby! You need to post some side shots so we can see the tummy! Love seeing updates!

    ReplyDelete