Friday, September 19, 2014

Yuba Trip 2014

Ryan and I have started an unintentional tradition of going to Yuba every year. We really love heading down to that lake because you can reserve parts of the sandy beach all to yourselves- it's heavenly. This year we decided to invite a bunch of friends from our ward. We were super stoked for it, however the beginning because a bit of a fiasco. First, the day before we were heading for Yuba we found out there were some serious problems with the engine of our boat. Luckily Ryan's buddy Kirtley was willing to come with his boat, that saved the day. But after making our way to the southeast side of the lake, we were informed that the dock close to our campground was no longer in service because the water was so low. Argh. So we had to drive 45 min around to the other side of the lake and boat in all our camping gear.... not ideal. However, after a bit of a bumpy start the rest of the trip was super fun. Saturday the weather couldn't have been more perfect. The water was glass most of the day. We ended up having a TON of people come play and 3 boats, our waverunners, 2 kayaks, and 2 paddle boards. So there was plenty for everyone to do and play. I believe most of us left a bit sunburnt but it was a fun couple of days playing in the water and camping! I have also learned a lot about what not to do next year. :)

(Of course, I got BARELY any pictures. I'm so mad at myself. But here's the few I did get).
Beautiful Yuba and only an hour away!
Cute Emerson was always happy to play in the sand.
Boys spent good chunk of the morning messing with this crazy bug we found
Crazy GIANT bee/ant bug
Tami and Krisann staying warm for breakfast
Pretty Brinlee
The gang minus a bunch of people- I sucked at getting photos
Kate and the kids loved jumping off the dock
Zach and Stacy kayaking
Whitakers trying out the paddleboards
On the boat. Samantha is a trooper
  
Dock with campsite in the background
Pumpkin obviously misses Bryce
And it was a long day
Connor playing with his pail and water

Thanks to the Hursts for helping us put together everything! It was a super fun weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, this looks amazing. Is it it my computer screen or does that sky look an unearthly blue and the clouds an amazing marshmallow white!? Gorgeous. You and Ryan are so cool, I hope Zach and I can be cool like you two someday.

    ReplyDelete