Ryan has been talking about going snowmobiling since we basically got married. So when I saw a weekend getaway deal for a day of snowmobiling and a stay in the lodge at Bear River, I knew it would be the perfect gift for Ryan on Valentine's Day. We went up over Easter weekend and it seriously was such an amazing weekend. It was just what the doctor ordered to have a break from our crazy busy lives. There was no cell phone service, beautiful mountains, and an amazing cabin. It was so nice to get away!
We left first thing Saturday morning to get up to the lodge by 9am. We spent a good part of the day snowmobiling. It was such a nice day for it, not too cold but plenty of snow. We took the snowmobile up to Mirror Lake, which was completely frozen over. It's crazy how different it looked from last summer when we were there fishing.
 |
| Cute Ryan on the snowmobile |
 |
| It was so pretty! |
 |
| The snow was so deep the signs on the side of the road were just barely showing |
 |
| The tree I would lay on while Ryan took the snowmobile for more "dangerous" runs |
 |
| The swing on our porch |
 |
| The view from the porch |
 |
| Our cute cabin |
Saturday night I attempted to have Ryan watch "The Robe" which I have always loved... it wasn't fast enough to keep him awake though. Saturday morning we celebrated Easter by giving each other baskets. They were stuffed with some fun little goodies.
It was a great weekend. We might even want to make this a yearly tradition. It was nice being able to get away and focus more on the reason for Easter.
So fun!!
ReplyDelete