Thursday, July 31, 2014

Chicagoland!!! Part 1

I blame this post for backing me up on all my other posts. Because Ryan actually took most of the photos on this trip, it was a process being around him enough to remember to get the pictures from his laptop. But finally (with a little push from Stacy) I accomplished the feat. So here's to our family vacation in May!

Ryan had been dying to go somewhere after he graduated from BYU. However, your options are limited when you have a 4-month-old. Luckily Emily and Craig currently resident in the Chicagoland area (I'm practically a local using words like "Chicagoland"). So for the first time in Samantha's life we decided to go on vacation.

It was the first time flying with a baby. Nobody tells you how much anxiety comes with flying with a baby. Even though Samantha did wonderfully, it's still super stressful. Also, Ryan got his Go-Pro right before this trip, so you will notice all the wide-angle shots we took. I'll spare you from all the videos though. You're welcome.
Mid-yawn

All smiles before takeoff
We did SO much in Chicago. There really is a ton of things for families to do in that city. I really appreciate it. One of the first things we checked out was the Shedd Aquarium. It was probably one of our favorite things we did there, even though Samantha slept through a lot of it.

Waiting for the water show
The beluga whale! Sorry for the fuzzy


We also were able to walk around the parks downtown and see the bean. And had some amazing Giodano's Chicago-style pizza! Mumm.

Windy city
Us through the Bean


My favorite people
We wore her out most days, but she was still such a happy thing
We also went to the Museum of Science and Industry with Craig, Emily, and Allie. It was incredible. I wish Samantha had been just a little older to really enjoy all the amazing things they had there. Allie had a fun time seeing all the trains and planes, etc. After the museum we headed over to Wrigley Stadium for a Cubs game!! Cubs vs. Yankees yes please.

Who's more excited Craig or Allie?
The two cuties in their strollers
Into the game
She even napped during the game! Best baby

 The next day we headed 4 hours south to Nauvoo! I was so excited to see some church history sites. I have never been to any outside of Utah and I was thrilled to finally get a chance to see the places I grew up learning about. First stop was Carthage Jail. It was incredible to actually be where the prophet was killed.

Window Joseph fell from
Bullet hole that hit Hyrum

Then on to Nauvoo. The church has renovated lots of the buildings so they have a cute little town to roam there. The temple is the first thing you see as you get into town, it's so beautiful on the hill. 

Ryan acting like Samantha
Joseph's Mansion
Samantha was more interested in eating her carrier
Someone had a blow-out and thought was hilarious
Happy as can be in her stroller

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun trip!! Great picts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a cute mom. And I love all the pictures, looks like it was a great trip!

    ReplyDelete