Thursday, March 15, 2012
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Ryan and I are very devout dollar-movie goers (which now isn't a dollar-movie but a $2 movie... sheesh). Saturday night we played hookey from preparing a lesson and doing homework to go see "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close." While I usually would never blog about a movie, I must say that this one is worth blogging about. My favorite movies are the ones that make you appreciate life and leave you wanting to better yourself. This is one of those movies. There were some very profound lessons, some seriously dramatic moments, but overall it just makes you want to be a great parent. It also made 9/11 so real. Sometimes being in the west, 9/11 was just a lot of reports on the news and longer lines at security airports. this movie helps remind you that real people lost their real loved ones.
I would most definitely suggest seeing this movie. Just remember to bring some Kleenex with you. At one point in the movie Ryan leaned over to me and said, "Just let it out." I was doing the whole "gracious, but small-tears-falling crying" and he knew I needed to do the "blabbering, ugly, please-don't-judge-my-disfigured-face cry." Which I did. I LOVE having a husband though who will help you fix your mascara before the lights are turned back on in the theater! Boyfriends are just not at that level yet. :) Unfortunately the babbling didn't all get out of my system Saturday night because my emotions were still running high when I gave my lesson in Relief Society Sunday. My apologies to the Pioneer 2nd ward RS! Moral of the story- good movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh, I am so excited to see that movie. Thanks for the review.
ReplyDeleteThat good huh? I LOVE when you see a movie that really speaks to you. K, you've done your job. I want to see it now.
ReplyDeleteI have scrolled over this movie on our google TV like 20 times but had never heard anything about it. I'm watching it tomorrow! Thanks lovey!
ReplyDelete