Friday, October 30, 2015

Youth Conference 2015



At the end of June we had youth conference, which was quite the feat to execute. We decided to center youth conference on temples. So we did a temple blitz. Where we went to every temple from Provo to Logan- all 11 of them! I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first about how this would turn out, but it really was incredible. We weren’t able to go in to all 11 however, we were able to have little devotionals outside every temple. And we did baptisms for the dead in the Logan and Bountiful temples. 

It involved a lot of driving but I think the youth in our ward really were able to get an understanding of the importance of temples in our lives. We had plenty of fun times as well playing at parks, ice cream stops, and going up Logan canyon. We even squeezed some time in for a service project. I definitely know that it strengthened my testimony of temples. And while I didn’t get a picture at a few of the temples, some did at all of them. 
Provo City Temple
Timpanogos Temple
Draper
Oquirrh Mountain



Jordan River
Bountiful
Ogden
Brigham City
SLC
Provo
 I guess the only one I didn't get a picture in front of was the Logan temple. That's on another leader's camera. At the end of the conference we had a really powerful testimony meeting. It really was such a fun (and busy) two days. I really love all the kids in my ward and it was fun spending so much time together.

Emily and Hadley doing the dovational at Draper temple

Lunch at the Diaz's




Ice cream stop at Farr's in Ogden


Service project

View in Logan from the service project


Bluebird cafe in Logan!

Pizza Pie for dinner





Running through the sprinklers at the Provo temple



Making sure the pictures are perfect

2 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! And now they can say they've seen them all! There's still a handful in Utah I've never seen. I'm jealous you got to go to Logan.

    ReplyDelete