On my actual birthday my employees surprised me with some delicious pumpkin bread in the morning, and I received a bunch of fun surprises/calls/texts all day. And I am so incredibly lucky to have such amazing friends who planned a party for me that night so I wasn't spending the day alone. Really, how did I get so lucky. They even made me a cake made out of fruit (because I was dieting... more on that later). It's always so fun getting together with these girls.
| One year ago... 1 baby, now... 7 babies (Jack isn't in it) Crazy! |
I can't forget to talk about our weight-loss challenge. As you can see, most of us had babies this year and we were all wanting to shed some excess weight. So we decided to make it a challenge to get us all motivated. With a $20 buy-in we had a pretty good pot to win for #1- total amount lost & #2- % of loss. The challenge went for 8 weeks and we all had our ups and downs. For the most part, I think we all lost more weight than we would have had we not helped each other stay motivated. My arch-nemesis was mostly Amy though... we battled it out til the last few days. And even though we tried really hard to beat each other, it ended perfectly with her winning the most amount lost and I won the percentage. Of course, after 8 weeks of hard work we decided to treat ourselves to a girls-night-out getting pedicures!
.jpg)
.jpg)
What an inspiration you are! And seriously, a cake made of fruit?? Genius. And it looks delicious. I really am sorry I couldn't be there that night but I'm glad all the girls took care of you. You're by far my favorite 27 year old.
ReplyDeleteI'm right behind ya.