Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas Village & other Christmas joy

 My parents were surprised when I told them I wanted to take Samantha up to Ogden to go to Christmas Village. But there's something to be said about doing your old childhood traditions with your own baby! We used to live up north and starting going to Christmas Village every year when we were just babies. My parents never gave up the tradition after we moved to Orem. Every year we would drive the hour each way to see the amazing park that Ogden creates every year. I was so giddy to finally be able to share it with my baby, so the family traveled up again a few weeks ago.

Her first time sitting on Santa!
No crying, just staring.

Also... we had our friends annual ugly Christmas sweater party. It was super fun... and way crazier. Last year only one couple had a baby, this year almost everyone had a baby. It certainly adds a ton of fun and craziness with a bunch of babies under 1 crawling around the games. We had so much fun though, thanks to the Mullens for putting on such a fun event!

Sammie was excited about us winning the magic 8 ball during the white elephant
She's getting so big and this needs to stop
 Also, this year my friend Jill came up with an amazing idea of our girlfriends drawing names for Christmas instead of us all getting everyone a gift. So we all got a gift for a random girl and then went to the Cheesecake factory to draw names and open the gifts. Jill... you are genius. This was so much more fun and less stressful.


 Last thing... when Ryan and I were wrapping Samantha's presents it blew our minds that we were for the first time writing "From: Mom & Dad"!!! That's just crazy, and so much fun!

Milo's always trying to remind us he's still our baby too

1 comment:

  1. AH, her face!! Samantha is the #1 best baby for not crying on Santa's lap! Good girl!! And did I see TEETH in her little mouth!? I mean, I guess she's almost a year old, it just makes sense, but holy cow. Stop her.

    ReplyDelete