Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas

This year for Christmas we were at my parents house. We were all together which makes the holiday that much more special. We started out with our traditional Christmas Eve dinner, it's incredibly yummy. And after we are all stuffed we played games most of the night. Once we could convince the younger kids to go to bed (they don't believe in Santa, but it's still fun to be surprised) we put out all the presents. Then while everyone else had a giant sleepover, Ryan and I went home to sleep. Yes, I'm an 8 1/2 month pregnant party-pooper who wanted her own bed. However, we were good sports and left as soon as Morgan called us at 6:30am.

We had a fun morning of opening presents and eating a yummy breakfast. I had no idea though that the Xbox game I got for Ryan, NBA jam would become the Christmas highlight for all the boys in the house. They were like little boys playing for hours and loving every minute of it. Which allowed all the girls to take naps, so it worked out great for everyone.
Ok this wasn't on Christmas, but I wanted to show how darling our house looks with Ryan's lights
Christmas table
Treat table
It got intense during our game of Spot It
Getting a little cramped with the stockings
More fun games
It was so fun letting the boys feel our little girl kick. Their reaction was priceless!
The finished product
NBA Jam Fest
 That afternoon we went to go see Saving Mr. Banks, which was super cute. And went home to watch some pretty hilarious home movies that we gave our dad on DVD for Christmas. Overall it was a great Christmas and we are so blessed to be able to spend it with family. And so grateful for our Saviors life and birth and for the opportunity to be reminded of it every December.

1 comment:

  1. Good job getting all caught up! I loved reading all of your posts!

    ReplyDelete