Tuesday, December 31, 2013

YW Campout

For those of you who don't know, I have been in Young Women's in our ward almost the whole time we have lived there. My calling has bounced around but I always seem to be in YWs-which I love. This year our president really wanted to go on a fun over-niter like the boys get to do for their planning activity. The problem is the girls don't have access to the many scout camps like the boys do. So I got online and tried to find a cabin that we could rent. Of course, everything that would fit all the girls was WAY out of our price range. So I emailed several owner of the cabins I found that were vacant the weekend we needed and asked if they gave discounts for church groups. And a saint of a women emailed back saying we could stay in her cabin for free, we just had to pay the cleaning fee!

We were all so so excited. Our girls don't usually get to do fun things like stay in a huge gorgeous cabin, so this was a huge treat. The cabin was up in Midway, so only 30 min from home and it was huge and perfect to fit all of us. After getting all settled in, we ate dinner and then proceeded to plan our entire year of activities! It was amazing. I'm sure we'll have to make minor changes to the calendar, but for the most part all our big events and weekly mutuals are planned!

After planning we stayed up to the wee hours of the night playing all sorts of games. The girls had a great time and it really was such a bonding experience for them all. All thanks to an extremely generous cabin owner! (I forgot my camera so sadly all the pictures are not the best quality.)
So lucky we got to stay here!
Most of us- a few were asleep by this time
Fun game of telephone charades
Truth or dare- the dare was to drink some nasty concoction
Breakfast time
Of course, baby Emerson in the decoratize bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment